Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First post here, so I am not sure what I am doing really.

Thought I would share my favorite new poet, Saul Williams. This comes from his book The Dead Emcee Scrolls: The Lost Teachings of Hip-Hop. Once I figure out how to make everything look cool, I will post my poetry. Enjoy.

Untimely Meditations
Chapter1

Time is money. Money is time.
So, I keep seven o'clock in the
bank and gain interest in the
hour of God. I'm saving to buy
my freedom. God grant me wings.
I'm too fly not to fly. Eye sore
to look at humans without wings.
So, I soar. And find tickle in the
feather of my wings. Flying
hysterically over land. Numerically,
I am seven mountains higher than
the valley of death, seven dimensions
deeper than dimensions of breath.

"too fly not to fly." I love it.
Honestly this stuff has brought me back to poetry. It has reminded me I have more to say than pissed off romance crap. I'm pissed about other stuff too, and maybe the love stuff will be happy now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home