Friday, September 01, 2006

Just wanted to do a quickie.

I unexpectedly discovered one of my favorite authors put out a new book. I love when that happens. I walk into Barnes n Noble and in big blue bold letters I see TERRY BROOKS. If you are not familiar, I suggest the Shannara series and the Word and the Void series (sometimes refered to as Troll Town series). He also wrote Hook, one of the new Star Wars, and The Magic Kingdom of Landover series. So two movie adapts, and one unimpressive fantasy series.

I can't wait to start this new book Armageddon's Children. Word and the Void was an excellent branch off from his Tolkienish worlds. I hope this one is equally refreshing.

Other books I am reading: Velvet Elvis, How (Not) To Speak of God, Black Order, If Grace is True. I hope to post on the first two later. I don't suggest If Grace is True.

Also I went to my first emergent cohort last night. Can't wait for the next one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home